Qcity Transit boasts a great deal of expertise and experience which has allowed it to develop innovative schemes in the public transport field.
- The first operator in the region, and one of the first in NSW, to offer stored value Smartcards to urban bus passengers
- First in the region to introduce a "Hail and Ride" urban bus service when a new Jerrabomberra bus timetable was introduced in November 1998
- Development of the largest fully integrated regional school bus network south of Sydney, offering considerable benefits to Government agencies and the community
- One of the first bus operators to work in conjunction with Vision Australia to upgrade our facilities to be accessible for people who are visually impaired
- The first operator in the region to introduce wheelchair accessible buses with climate controlled airconditioning
- Recipient of the 2006 National Operator of the year award for Environment and Innovation
In 2008, state of the art Euro 4 low emission diesel buses were introduced to the fleet. Depot facilities were also improved to reduce the company’s impact on the environment, including water saving technology for bus washing and servicing.