Mechanic, auto electrician & apprentice positions
Do you want a stable career with a progressive company? Qcity Transit is presently seeking to increase its workshop team including qualified mechanics, auto electricians and apprentice positions.
QCity Transit is part of Australia's largest private bus company ComfortDelGro, with operations in Queanbeyan, Metropolitan Sydney, Blue Mountains, the Hunter Valley and Victoria. Locally, the group operates a combined fleet of 117 modern city, school and charter buses and coaches, two bus depots and employs a professional group of 150 staff, including drivers, maintenance crews and office personnel.
- excellent pay
- on the job training
- full time positions
No bus driving experience is necessary but the successful applicants will be required to hold a MR or HR driving licence or be willing to undertaking training to upgrade from a car license to at MR license.
Applicants will need to have:
- strong communication skills
- strong team ethics
- work with minimal supervision
- build relations with Customers and Suppliers
- large variety of work available; servicing to rebuilding
- car Licence
- forklift Licence preferred
- wages negotiable; depending on experience and knowledge
- excellent rates and conditions available for the right person
Heavy Vehicle Workshop Mechanic
We are currently seeking a capable Heavy Vehicle Workshop Mechanic for our Queanbeyan Depot.
Workshop mechanics are responsible for carrying out maintenance and repair services to ensure that vehicles operate in a safe, reliable and efficient way. Mechanics are required to do this in a manner that abides by the Transport for NSW (TfNSW), Roads and Maritime Services (RMS), Road Traffic Authority ACT (RTA) and the organisation's operational and safety requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake daily vehicle repair and maintenance activities to ensure delivery of services.
- Fulfill vehicle preventative maintenance schedules and requirements.
- Maintain vehicle monitoring and reporting systems as required by TfNSW, RMS and RTA (ACT).
- Respond to, investigate and repair vehicle defects as notified by drivers
- Maintain a safe and tidy workshop area.
- Work in accordance with safe working procedures and instructions and meet the obligations and ideals of the organisation's Safety Management System & WHS.
- Organise spare parts procurement in line with policy.
- Be available for breakdown and service callouts and on-road incidents as required from time to time.
To be considered for this position you will need:
- MVRIA Licence or appropriate Engineering qualification
- Relevant experience in engineering or trades
- Relevant experience in maintenance of diesel-powered heavy vehicles of emission rating Euro III and higher
- Ability to interpret legislation, contracts, policy and procedures
- Working knowledge of ERP systems such as Microsoft AX or SAP
- Intermediate computer skills
- High level verbal and written communication skill
- MR or HR Driving Licence advantageous
To register your interest for one of our workshop positions, please call 02 6299 3722 during business hours, complete the online form below.